For general discussion and questions about "Wolf"

Moderator:Nouska

Grey_Wolf
Emeritus Staff
November Challenge Type:frames
Questions

Post by Grey_Wolf » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:59 am

Questions about Wolf:

- Do animators animate as much frames as they can, or they have to do, like 15 frames a day, for example?
- If someone apllys for an animator but isn‘t accepted to work in the movie, do you send an answer to tell him or you just ignore his aplly?
- I know you aren’t sure, but, approximately when the movie will be released?

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal:180
November Challenge Progress:180
Location:In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters

Post by Uzuri » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:18 am

Let's see what I can do here:

1) Because we're working with volunteers, the animators animate as much as they can handle due to their schedule; there's no quota. When I'm actually animating (I'm working on some other things at the moment), I run maybe 8-10 frames on a good day.

2) I can't answer this one for sure, but I believe Audrey does reply. If you've applied and haven't heard anything, try again, because we'vve had trouble out the ears with our email addresses.

3) We've stopped guessing. Since we can't estimate how many man-hours we'll have in a given year, we really can't figure out how long it will take to finish. If we get a lot of good staffers in or if those that we have see their schedules clear up, we can probably have it finished in a few years; otherwise, it's hard to say. Audrey intends to work on it until it's done, though, even if it takes a while.
Zib, go suffer for your art.

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

Audrey
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Audrey » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:11 am

I give a reply to every app...if you haven't gotten one, that was not intentional. Sometimes, because of the level of spam I get on those accounts, it's possible that it even got mistakingly deleted, so if you don't recive a reply in about 2 weeks, it's a good idea to send me along a follow up email and polietely inquire about a response.
_____
Throw me a freakin' Bone here...I'm the boss!

Grey_Wolf
Emeritus Staff

Post by Grey_Wolf » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:43 pm

Thanks a lot for the answers!:love: But... could you please answer 2 more questions? :sad:
Please include an animation sample when applying
- When apllying for animator, the "samples" that you ask for, must be animations of characters from the Wolf movie or not?

- What kind of actions could the character be doing? A walk cycle... for example?
Individual animators will focus on one character
- If someone's accepted, who decides which character he focus on?

Sorry for the many questions, but my cousing is thinking about aplying, and he wanted to know (he can't use his computer because it's broken) :grrr

PS: Today i tried to enter the forum and it was written "you have been banned from this forum", i tried one hour later and it worked.... weird. What's hapenning?

Audrey
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Audrey » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:25 am

When apllying for animator, the "samples" that you ask for, must be animations of characters from the Wolf movie or not?

- What kind of actions could the character be doing? A walk cycle... for example?
No, they don't have to be wolf cahracters at all. Walk cycles are good, or anything with full body movement. Just a head turn or a blink or something is not going to show me enough.
If someone's accepted, who decides which character he focus on?

Sorry for the many questions, but my cousing is thinking about aplying, and he wanted to know (he can't use his computer because it's broken)
I do, but I generally ask what character they;d like to work on. If that character is available (I try to keep the number of animators per character balanced) and I feel they can do that character well, then I'll try and give them the one they want.
_____

SilverLuna
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Progress:1

Re: Questions

Post by SilverLuna » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:44 pm

So sorry for bumping.

Audery-- do you think it would be ok to send you an animation ap of a wolf jumping over a hurdle/wall? :razz:
I'm a colorist for "Wolf" cuz it's sooooo much FUN!!!!

Audrey
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Audrey » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:57 pm

THat sounds good :)
_____

SilverLuna
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Progress:1

Post by SilverLuna » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:54 pm

ok great thankkies!! :cheese:
I'm a colorist for "Wolf" cuz it's sooooo much FUN!!!!