Strange music associations?

To discuss music!

Moderator: Maria

Queen Crocuta
Emeritus Staff

Strange music associations?

Post by Queen Crocuta » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:42 pm

When you hear a certain song, does it make you want to do or think of something specific?

Like, when I hear anything from Red Hot Chili Peppers, I feel this desire to eat soup. Are they doing this on purpose to make people buy soup or is it just me who's weird?
AKA SQUINCY!!
Join the Fuzzy Side of the Force...

ecco
Emeritus Staff

Post by ecco » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:17 pm

hmm x3 interesting xD

i cant think of any right now, but im sure i've got a few of these strange associations, lol.

Stygian
Emeritus Staff
November Challenge Goal: 0
November Challenge Progress: 0

Post by Stygian » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:39 pm

Never had anything like that xD

Though... whenever I listen to HIM I'm reminded of Warriors, cause when I read those books I used to listen to a lot of HIM. Is that the kind of thing you mean?

Queen Crocuta
Emeritus Staff

Post by Queen Crocuta » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:44 pm

Stygian wrote:Never had anything like that xD

Though... whenever I listen to HIM I'm reminded of Warriors, cause when I read those books I used to listen to a lot of HIM. Is that the kind of thing you mean?
Yup. Any association fits! I have those too. Whenever I watch Harry Potter trailers, I always think of Nara because it's so over-used in trailers, LOL. :)
AKA SQUINCY!!

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal: 180
November Challenge Type: frames
November Challenge Progress: 180
Location: In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters

Post by Uzuri » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:48 pm

The first time I played "Secret of Evermore" through I had just purchase the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. The association goes both ways.
Zib, go suffer for your art.

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

Queen Crocuta
Emeritus Staff

Post by Queen Crocuta » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:27 pm

Yes, it's an odd thing, isn't it? And watching Wolf's Rain makes me think of Gravity of Love for some reason... I just play the music in my mind while watching an episode. Quite eerie.
AKA SQUINCY!!

CopperTail
Alpha

Post by CopperTail » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:56 pm

Bohemian Rapphsody makes me think of unicorns. Why? When I roleplayed a unicorn for the first time, I made constant refrences to boheimian raphsody.

Another one: Hearing moetown makes me think of stop signs. Probably because of "Stop in the name of love"

Hearing Weebl and Bobs "Lions and Tigers only in Kenya" flash makes me think dirty stuff. This I have yet to figure the reasoning for.

ecco
Emeritus Staff

Post by ecco » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:33 am

hmm... one thing is that the song 'fields of gold' by Eva Cassidy (not Sting!!) reminds me of the book The Sight =o i listened to it alot when i read that book.

ChewWolf
Alpha

Re: Strange music associations?

Post by ChewWolf » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:55 am

Queen Crocuta wrote:
Like, when I hear anything from Red Hot Chili Peppers, I feel this desire to eat soup. Are they doing this on purpose to make people buy soup or is it just me who's weird?
lol, that made me laugh! :cheese:

Whenever I listen to ?the Piano has been Drinking? or ?I Wish I was in New Orleans? by Tom Waits, I get the urge to drink. But thats probably just because they?re songs about being wasted, like most of Tom Waits stuff.
And ?When the Saints go marching in? always makes me think of Hamburgers. Not Mcdonalds burgers but real ones, like the kind you would expect to get from a nice restaurant or something.
Our Father, who art in Krebari, hallowed be thy glass.Give us this day our daily splash, and forgive us our hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil…and somebody give us all a ride home-TW

Maria
Alpha

Post by Maria » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:30 pm

Some of my favorites:

"Hotel California" always makes me thirsty.

Anything by Dave Matthews makes me feel giddy.

U2 makes me feel like I'm standing on a high place and looking down at the world.

"Touch Me" by the Doors makes me think of Gambit and Rogue from X-Men. (for obvious reasons)

"Roadhouse Blues" by the Doors makes me think of Phoenix and Wolverine.

"The End" by the Doors has always scared the poo out of me! :o.O:

"Midnight Rider" by the Alman Brothers makes me think of trains in the night.

"The Long and Winding Road" by the Beatles makes me think of Gay Purr-ee when Jeun Tom is singing "Little Drops of Water".

"Baba O'Riley" by the Who makes me feel like I'm flying. :love:

"The Wind Cries Mary" by Jimi Hendrix makes me think of stray cats walking down lonely streets.

More to come...

Queen Crocuta
Emeritus Staff

Post by Queen Crocuta » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:02 pm

Good ones, Maria!

"New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra makes me think of The Godfather for some reason. :huh:

"Nara" by E.S. Posthumus makes me think of Wolf.
AKA SQUINCY!!

Moonshine Ryu
Omega

Post by Moonshine Ryu » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:21 pm

Listening to nearly every song by Jimmy Buffett makes me think of water and crabs. :o.O: Maybe it's because he sings about the ocean a lot?
Have a little priest.

Maria
Alpha

More...

Post by Maria » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:02 pm

"Crystal Ship" by the Doors makes me think of Mulder and Scully. (Huuuge X-Files fan) :cheese:

For some reason, some of Dave Matthews' songs make me feel embarrassed. Like "Lover Lay Down" and "Goodbye". That's funny because I like Dave Matthews. The songs make me feel naked for some reason. Weird eh? :huh:

The same is true with some Paul Simon/Simon & Garfunkal songs, especially "Cecilia". I guess it's because Dave Matthews and Paul Simon are such little guys and I couldn't imagine them as "players". :blush:

Ah, we love you Dave and Paul! :love:

Many songs by the Who remind me of rainy days, like "You Better You Bet" and "Behind Blue Eyes"

Stevie Nicks also reminds me of rainy days. ("Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac for example)

Cream makes me lightheaded. :cheese:

"Wonderful" by Eric Clapton reminds me of the color red, just like "More Than a Feeling" by Boston and "Long Train Runnin" by the Doobie Brothers makes me think of the color blue.

And now it's time for "Storm Songs" by Maria :cheese:

Songs that remind me of Storm from X-Men:

1. "Hello I Love You" The Doors
2. "Angel of Harlem" U2
3. "Something" The Beatles

And don't even think I'm finished yet...

Maria
Alpha

Hey Queenie...

Post by Maria » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:34 pm

Hey, Queenie, you say that the Red Hot Chili Peppers make you want soup? Well, Jimi Hendrix makes me want candy! The Chili Peppers are in cahoots with Campbells and Hendrix is delved in a conspiracy with Willy Wonka to sell more candy bars!

What is this world coming to? :o.O:

Queen Crocuta
Emeritus Staff

Post by Queen Crocuta » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:03 pm

Maria wrote:"Crystal Ship" by the Doors makes me think of Mulder and Scully. (Huuuge X-Files fan)
*ish a huge fan too* :love: I remember watching that show all the time right before I went to bed, when I was just a wee kid. OK, that may sound weird for someone, but I just sat there with a teddy, hugging it and giving it comfort whenever something scary happened. So, if I got frightened, I didn't show it, but comforted my teddy so it didn't freak out. :blush:
Hey, Queenie, you say that the Red Hot Chili Peppers make you want soup? Well, Jimi Hendrix makes me want candy! The Chili Peppers are in cahoots with Campbells and Hendrix is delved in a conspiracy with Willy Wonka to sell more candy bars!

What is this world coming to?
Heh, I really don't wanna know. :razz2:

If I see a feather in the air, it makes me think of the theme from "Forrest Gump".

The cover of my Watership Down book, makes me think of "Can't Fight the Moonlight" by Leann Rhimes.
AKA SQUINCY!!