Strange music associations?

To discuss music!

Moderator: Maria

Maria
Alpha

Still more...

Post by Maria » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:55 pm

"Cheeseburger in Paradise" by Jimmy Buffet reminds me of the show Veggietales because there is a song on the show called "I love you cheeseburger". Me and my folks were joking around one day and the question was brought up. "Okay, how many songs are written about women and how many are written about cheeseburgers?" So, now whenever I hear Jimmy Buffet I think about Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomatoe.

Do I need therapy? :o.O:

"Crocodile Rock" by Elton John makes me think of carousel horses because at the end of the song, the music is shrill and tiney, like music in a carousel.

"Greenriver" by CCR, "Black magic Woman" by Santana, and the music of Roy Orbison makes me think of Quentin Tarantino movies. I guess because I can imagine these songs on the soundtrack of Kill Bill or Pulp Fiction.

More to come soon...

ChewWolf
Alpha
November Challenge Type: frames

Post by ChewWolf » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:48 pm

LOL I love ?Cheese Burgers in Paradise?! Naturally, the song only makes me think of burgers and sailboats. Actually I think all of Jimmy Buffets music makes me think of sailboats? well sailboats and tropical island paradises? and margaritas?yum :jacksmile: ...
Our Father, who art in Krebari, hallowed be thy glass.Give us this day our daily splash, and forgive us our hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil…and somebody give us all a ride home-TW

Scrii
Emeritus Staff

Post by Scrii » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:01 am

Most Fall Out Boy songs remind me of the Commonwealth Games (during the break that we had since the Games were in my city this year), since I first got them from my friend and heard them over and over again during that time. :cheese:

Kurtman
Pack Member
November Challenge Goal: 0
November Challenge Progress: 0

Post by Kurtman » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:19 pm

Hmmmm...........when I hear "Too Much Time On My Hands" by Styx i'm reminded of hot cocoa. Also,when I hear "Valerie" by Brother Firetribe (Those familiar with Nightwish may like this band,the guitarist from Nightwish also plays in Brother Firetribe) I think of Sonic The Hedgehog running around. There are many more but i'm too lazy to list them.
"It's not a drug store, it's a whatnot shop!"
-Granny from Beverly Hillbillies

Moonrise
Pup

Re: Strange music associations?

Post by Moonrise » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:34 am

aahaha.

The song "meat is murder" by I don't know who reminds me of cows giving birth. I have a messed up mind, I really do. But its a hilarious song, you should listen to it xD

snowmuzzle
Alpha

Post by snowmuzzle » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:10 pm

Linkin Park gives me really annoying visions of anime clips... fangirls seem to love putting their favourite clips from Wolf's Rain or whatever to "What I've Done" which can kinda spoil the song at times XD
Do you lie awake at night because you fear being found out? Or is it because you know some day you'll have to face up to that what you are doing is wrong?

Fuzzy_feline
Alpha

Post by Fuzzy_feline » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:39 am

I've just realised I assosiate Rammstein's Du Hast with a level in Croc 2 o.O

The one where you save the Gobbo from the runaway train. Why? God only knows >>

Baphnedia
Alpha

Post by Baphnedia » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:56 am

It goes with the black driving gloves that give Bluewolf such a hard time...
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com & Forums