Moderator: Maria

Maria
Alpha

Do some songs make you cry?

Post by Maria » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:12 pm

Gosh, I'm such a pussycat! :blush:

These songs tear me right up:

Copperline by James Taylor and Night Shift by the Commadores

Copperline is about a guy remembering what his home was like when he was a kid and then going back and finding out that everything's changed, but he also learns that the memories of your childhood can never be changed.
Doesn't come as a surprise to me,
Doesn't touch my memory.
It's a really sweet song. :love:

Night Shift is a tribute song to Marvin Gaye and Jackie Wilson who both died around the same time in the mid-80s. The song is about the two soul singers still playing their music somewhere in the afterlife.
You've got another home,
I know you're not alone,
On the night shift.
Even if you're not a very religious person, the song is very inspiring. It's about how no one can really die as long as they're not forgotten and, in this case, as long as they're music is being played.

Anyway, I like these songs because they're sweet, but not overly sappy and they never fail to make me cry. So which songs give you the boo-hoos?

ecco
Emeritus Staff

Post by ecco » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:12 pm

"fields of gold" - eva cassidy
"perfect day" - lou reed

and a ton others. im a total sap, i cry over almost everything. its actually ridiculous :B but those two songs i find particularly touching. although the crying effect has sort of gone the last few times i heard them.

snowmuzzle
Alpha
November Challenge Type: frames

Post by snowmuzzle » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:20 pm

I know of some but can't think of them right now. Though I do sometimes come across those that make shivers run up my spine... the problem is, as I hear them more that wonderful feeling wears off. Does this happen with crying songs for you too?
Do you lie awake at night because you fear being found out? Or is it because you know some day you'll have to face up to that what you are doing is wrong?