Least favourite songs

To discuss music!

Moderator: Maria

snowmuzzle
Alpha
November Challenge Type: frames

Least favourite songs

Post by snowmuzzle » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:01 pm

So we know what we like. But are there any songs that drive you to scream at/turn off the radio whenever it comes on?
I don't generally like things by people like the Sugababes, etc. I also hate it when there's a really good riff and tune but the lyrics are absolute pants and just riddled with cliches. Shane Ward is one that really annoys me... it has the vomit factor and enough sugar to permanently ruin your teeth.
Do you lie awake at night because you fear being found out? Or is it because you know some day you'll have to face up to that what you are doing is wrong?

ecco
Emeritus Staff

Re: Least favourite songs

Post by ecco » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:06 pm

ANYTHING by the Pussycat Dolls. They might as well be working the streets. In fact, forget that, that's an insult to prostitutes.

I just think theyre the most hideous creation this turn of the century. They are probably among the worst role models for young girls ever. ¬¬

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal: 180
November Challenge Progress: 180
Location: In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters

Post by Uzuri » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Anything rap. It's just something I can't handle.

Anything that claims to be "Christian" that's not either a traditional hymn or written as a folk song in prior to the last 30 years. (This category nicely covers about 99.999% of Christmas songs that I don't like).

Anything featuring a soprano voice, with very few exceptions. Sopranos make me want to kill someone.
Zib, go suffer for your art.

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

warpthrone
Alpha
November Challenge Goal: 0
November Challenge Progress: 0

Post by warpthrone » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:30 am

Rap, modern R&B (in my opinion it isn't even R&B anymore). I respect some of the artist who make them, but frankly there music sucks.
And I have tea at midday and DINNER at 4pm. But some people say its the other way round. Those people are wrong. Grrr.
http://warpthrone.deviantart.com/ <-- I'm still alive!

Fellus
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Fellus » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:29 pm

A lot of today's music. I know that seems really narrow-minded, but it just doesn't interest me, personally. Especially dislike hiphop!

But for pinpointing of a few songs:

James Blunt - Beautiful - oh how that annoyed me when it kept getting played!

Barry Manilow - Copacabana (or whatever it's called) - by heck that's a rubbish tacky karaoke song if ever I heard one!

Probably could think of some more later...

MyaWolf
Pack Member

Post by MyaWolf » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:56 pm

I agree with rap, hip-hop, etc. There doesn't seem to be a lot of real talent in the genre these days.

Justin Timberlake- bleh. According to me N' Sync was the highlight of his career.

Daughtry- I'm going home (I'm going home if I hear this song again)

That's all I can really think of right now. Most songs I dislike are forgotten once I stop hearing them on the radio. I'm sure there's more. I sure hope I'm never reminded what they are.
DA account

- You can lead a horse to water. . . if you got a horse ~ Unknown

Myrilandel
Alpha

Post by Myrilandel » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:33 pm

Most country western music from here with all the twangs and drawls and y'alls makes me RAAAAAAAGE.
How'd you get your teeth so pearly?

lauren
Emeritus Staff

Post by lauren » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:16 pm

Pretty much anything on the radio (unless the area has a rocking college station). Even if a station happens to play a song I like...they keep...playing it...over and over. And censor songs. And cut them short. And overshadow them with annoying DJs/commercials. XD

In general though, modern country and Christian rock (not including actually talented Christian bands, ie. most on Tooth and Nail) make me want to forcibly remove my ear drums (though I can listen to some of the latter for laughs). There are some older country songs that I like (and Cash's fairly recent remake of NIN was very impressive), and I find many of the 30s-40s, 60s-80s faith-based songs didn't tend to suck, with many being very enjoyable. But, there's a lot of terrible or more recently, an overwhelming amount of mediocre and bland (from what I youtubed, sounds like Shayne Ward falls under this group), music out there, so I'll stop there. Oh! One more. http://www.elyrics.net/read/h/hinder-ly ... yrics.html

I hate that song with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns. It's still fun to listen to now and then so I can wham my head repeatedly into the dashboard, but yeah. Suckage.

Ah, but I also like bad music, otherwise known as 80s music. Don't worry the 80s, no one will find out about our secret love.