Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal: 0
November Challenge Type: frames
November Challenge Progress: 0

Lyrics vs. Instrumentals

Post by Cloudwilk » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:27 pm

I've noticed I greatly prefer songs with lyrics vs. instrumentals. I suppose it's because I like the poetic aspect behind lyrics... honestly, that's part of what can make or break a song with me!
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26

White Fall
Pup

Re: Lyrics vs. Instrumentals

Post by White Fall » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:10 pm

I find the same thing. I actually write my own music (I'm actually writing a song about the wolf for camp next week and it deals with the same concept as the animation. That was just chance) so the lyrical aspect is something I really admire. A lot of people hate interpreting poetry but they like analyzing the songs they like. It's sad how people don't understand that their free time music in most cases is very poetic and potentially educational.

That reminds me, I should post one of my songs sometime.

Lupana
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Lupana » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:01 pm

I enjoy both lyrical and instrumental, it just depends on the circumstances. As far as lyrical, I love classic rock (Billy Joel, Elton John, basically anything with piano or strong guitar), and my instrumental varies from soundtracks to just singles I find randomly on Youtube XD
This is not the inker you are looking for.

"Where is he going? He's going into freezing coldness to find a dog he doesn't like to bring medicine back to a town that doesn't like him!"
http://lupana.deviantart.com/

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal: 180
November Challenge Progress: 180
Location: In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters

Post by Uzuri » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:11 pm

Depends for me, mostly on whether I need something in background to help me focus or if I want to actually sit and listen to the music. I sleep with music from the Solitudes collection playing -- so not only instrumental, but wildlife sounds out there.
Zib, go suffer for your art.

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Cloudwilk » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:14 pm

White Fall wrote:I find the same thing. I actually write my own music (I'm actually writing a song about the wolf for camp next week and it deals with the same concept as the animation. That was just chance) so the lyrical aspect is something I really admire. A lot of people hate interpreting poetry but they like analyzing the songs they like. It's sad how people don't understand that their free time music in most cases is very poetic and potentially educational.

That reminds me, I should post one of my songs sometime.
I'd like to read what you wrote! Maybe I'll post my poetry :cheese:

Right now, one of my favorite songs is American Pie.... I'm just in love with the lyrics...
Ambience and instrumentals work better for me if I'm not supposed to be paying attention to the music... like, if I'm studying.
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26