The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

A link and info for the Role-Play forum

Moderator:Queen Crocuta

User avatar
Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:532
Joined:Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:27 pm
Gender:Male
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Contact:
The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by Cloudwilk » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:24 pm

You step through a doorway and into a room that thwarts your expectations.

The outside of the building seemed so clean... so neat. Everything in the lobby fit the image. Cleaned, tile floors. Bright ceiling lights. Flowers being well taken care of. You weren't possibly expecting to be called into such a chaotic room.

You step in, overgrowth everywhere. Greenery consuming every inch of the foundation. Life infesting every corner. Bees flying by, making their way with pollen to their hives. Rabbits nibbling on various vegetables. It's... neat but...... off.

The door shuts behind you suddenly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Options:
1. Go to the room to the right.
2. Go to the room to the left.
3. Go straight.

Welcome to the very first Adventure of Adventures! Basically what happens is you enter this world (as whatever character you want to be) and react to the set of events. Then, you choose the decisions listed below. Hopefully this will get a lot of people, since groups make the adventures more exciting. Even if there's not too many people, there will still be lots of neat things to happen along the way!

I'd recommend on your first post to keep notes on your inventory and various other important aspects of your character. It will be easy for when things... well... progress....

Note, you can also spend as much time as you want in the room, as long as your willing to write a lot.

Enjoy! :write:
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26

brwainer
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:782
Joined:Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:54 pm
Gender:Male
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Location:East Coast US

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by brwainer » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:08 pm

My inventory: nothing.

brwainer
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:782
Joined:Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:54 pm
Gender:Male
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Location:East Coast US

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by brwainer » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:08 pm

I choose to go right.

User avatar
Lupana
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:914
Joined:Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:39 am
Gender:Female
Skype:Yes, but ask
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Location:My imagination (USA)

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by Lupana » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:58 pm

I have nothing in my inventory and choose to go straight.
This is not the inker you are looking for.

"Where is he going? He's going into freezing coldness to find a dog he doesn't like to bring medicine back to a town that doesn't like him!"
http://lupana.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:532
Joined:Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:27 pm
Gender:Male
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Contact:

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by Cloudwilk » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:21 pm

brwainer wrote:I choose to go right.
You head right into a room dark- lines wiggled all over the walls, a low green ambience filling up the chamber. The door slams shut behind you and it becomes really difficult to see.
-------------------------
Options
1. Step forward
2. Sit and listen
3. Run ahead

Lupana wrote:I have nothing in my inventory and choose to go straight.
You go straight threw some doors and are met in a very low light area. The door softly shuts behind you. The room is even greener than the room prior. Warmth cradles your flesh as butterflies flutter around with their wings every so often hitting soft, gold light. This place brings you ton of peace.
------------------------
Options
1. Go through the door straight ahead
2. Go through the door to the left
3. Settle against a log resting in the corner of the room
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26

User avatar
Lupana
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:914
Joined:Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:39 am
Gender:Female
Skype:Yes, but ask
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Location:My imagination (USA)

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by Lupana » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:30 am

I rest for a while.
This is not the inker you are looking for.

"Where is he going? He's going into freezing coldness to find a dog he doesn't like to bring medicine back to a town that doesn't like him!"
http://lupana.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:532
Joined:Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:27 pm
Gender:Male
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Contact:

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by Cloudwilk » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Lupana wrote:I rest for a while.
Against the log or as just a random event? Since you don't have to always go with the options... you just have to pick one eventually in order to progress ^^
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26

User avatar
Lupana
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:914
Joined:Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:39 am
Gender:Female
Skype:Yes, but ask
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Location:My imagination (USA)

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by Lupana » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:06 pm

I was on my phone too so that's part of the confusion ^^

---

I rest against the log for a moment, then begin to explore, swatting at a few butterflies. While there is peace in the room, I can't help but have a feeling that it won't last forever.
This is not the inker you are looking for.

"Where is he going? He's going into freezing coldness to find a dog he doesn't like to bring medicine back to a town that doesn't like him!"
http://lupana.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:532
Joined:Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:27 pm
Gender:Male
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Contact:

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by Cloudwilk » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Lupana wrote:I was on my phone too so that's part of the confusion ^^

---

I rest against the log for a moment, then begin to explore, swatting at a few butterflies. While there is peace in the room, I can't help but have a feeling that it won't last forever.
>Settle against a log resting in the corner of the room

The butterflies continue fluttering about. It's difficult not to pay attention to their colors. So... exuberant.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Options:
1. Go through the door straight ahead.
2. Go through the door to the left.
3. Study the butterflies.
4. Study the plant life.
5. Feel around the log.
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26

User avatar
Lupana
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:914
Joined:Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:39 am
Gender:Female
Skype:Yes, but ask
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Location:My imagination (USA)

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by Lupana » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:17 am

I stand up and decide to feel around the log.
This is not the inker you are looking for.

"Where is he going? He's going into freezing coldness to find a dog he doesn't like to bring medicine back to a town that doesn't like him!"
http://lupana.deviantart.com/

White Fall
Pup
Posts:24
Joined:Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:51 pm
Gender:Female
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by White Fall » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:34 am

I will decide to go to the left room.

brwainer
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:782
Joined:Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:54 pm
Gender:Male
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Location:East Coast US

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by brwainer » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:49 am

I choose to sit and listen.

User avatar
Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:532
Joined:Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:27 pm
Gender:Male
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Contact:

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by Cloudwilk » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:42 am

Lupana wrote:I stand up and decide to feel around the log.
You feel around the log and are surprised at how pliable it feels. It's rather surreal. Your hand rubs up against damp moss before you pull out a small patch of it.
(Do you want to add +1 moss to your inventory?:
>Yes
>No)
The room continues on majestically. Soft sounds of fluttering and plant growth leave a sort of ambient hum.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Options:
>Go through the door straight ahead
>Go through the door to the left
>Study the butterflies
>Study the plant life
White Fall wrote:I will decide to go to the left room.
You enter slowly into the room to the left. It is dark compared to where you came from but very calming. The wooden floor is old enough so that it creaks when you step forward into the room, door shutting softly behind. There is a green rug laid on the floor in front of the fireplace that gave the room its warm, calming glow. A rocking chair is settled on the edge of the rug and various other furniture decorate the room along the walls. Book cases and cabinets filled with old little trinkets. The smell of the room is a bit musty with a hint of something sweet and edible. You can make out the shape of portraits along the walls but not enough to see what they are of.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Options:
>Go through the room to the left
>Sit in the rocking chair
>Study the trinkets along the wall
>Use a log as a torch to study the portraits on the wall
brwainer wrote:I choose to sit and listen.
You make out the sound of water very calmly settled only inches around you from all sides. It sounds deep, really quiet, and offsetting. Slowly your eyes get used to the dark and you begin to notice the green wiggly lines were reflections from the water. Something deep in the water is very faintly glowing green but... you can't make it out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Options:
>Go into the water after the glowy thing
>Go into the water and feel around the walls for another door
>Stay where you are and poke the water
>Stay where you are and take in the scene
>Try to go back to where you came from
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26

brwainer
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:782
Joined:Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:54 pm
Gender:Male
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Location:East Coast US

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by brwainer » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:50 pm

I choose to stay where I am and poke the water, with my left pinkie finger.

User avatar
Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF
Posts:532
Joined:Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:27 pm
Gender:Male
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:0
Contact:

Re: The Adventure of Adventures: Building of Mystery

Post by Cloudwilk » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:16 pm

brwainer wrote:I choose to stay where I am and poke the water, with my left pinkie finger.
You poke the water, being more cautious than naught. It ripples, as expected. The light dances on the walls in coordinance.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Options:
>Continue poking the water
>Go into the water after the glowy thing
>Go into the water and feel around the walls for another door
>Slowly make your way into the water
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26

Post Reply