Prequel "Coming Home" now available to purchase.

Want to help? Go here to see what you can do

Moderator:Nouska

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal:180
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:180
Location:In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters
Prequel "Coming Home" now available to purchase.

Post by Uzuri » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:43 am

I am pleased to announce that the novel prequel to Wolf is available to buy at Amazon.com and other online booksellers: Amazon Link

25% of each purchase comes straight to us for use on the film (that's an excellent royalty rate, by the by). So buy a book; support Wolf!

If you have questions about purchasing the book, or about sellers where it can be found, this is the thread to ask in. Once folks have had the chance to read it, we'll probably start a discussion thread in Books or Movie Talk.
Last edited by Uzuri on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zib, go suffer for your art.

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

ChewWolf
Alpha

Post by ChewWolf » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:32 pm

Okydoky Uzuri Iv got a question for ya.

Say you live in New Zealand right, and you want to buy this little book and help out a great project. But unfortunately you don?t have a credit card, and you don?t really want to get one cause they are a pain in the ass and you have to much debt already. Also, because you live in a snotty little backwater country, you cant use paypal.

How would you go about getting it? :huh:
Our Father, who art in Krebari, hallowed be thy glass.Give us this day our daily splash, and forgive us our hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil…and somebody give us all a ride home-TW

AWolf2B
Emeritus Staff
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Progress:0

Post by AWolf2B » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:13 am

this might, or might not, help ya chew.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... eId=513058

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custome ... eId=492874

(i gave you U.S. and U.K. as i really don't know who'd you be ordering from? But those link explains their policies and what they accept as far as payment methods go and the international shipping policies and help should be there to.)
“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” - Dr. Seuss

"You judge a prostitute and a cook by the price you must pay to have them. The most expensive they are, the better they perform their Art"
- Athenaeus

Illigitimi non carbarundum!

Nouska
Alpha

Post by Nouska » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:38 am

I don't know when it will show up on the UK site, but I would suggest that all you UK-er request the book from them -- see if you all can speed it up.
(From the other thread)

How can I go about that 'Zuri?

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Uzuri » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:22 am

AWolf's links are good ones, Chew.

I'd actually suggest either asking a friend with a credit card if they'd be willing to order for you. Or, you might be able to get someone to buy gift certificates for you (that's actually how I order all the time, but I'm a special case, since Mom can buy gift certificates in person). Also, I don't know if they have them there, but here you can get "credit" cards from the stores that are prepaid. They behave just like a credit card, but you don't have to go through the whole credit check thing, and you don't have to worry if someone gets the number.

Also, I guess if we get enough people who are having trouble with payment options, Audrey could order a handful directly from booksurge and send them out as a thank you for donations -- but that would probably require more that a $12.99 donation to do ;)

Nouska: Amazon has a feedback form somewhere (too lazy and too close to time to leave for work to look it up right now) that you should be able to request on.

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

ChewWolf
Alpha

Post by ChewWolf » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:13 pm

Thanks Awolf & Uzuri :cheese:

Hhhhhmmmmmrrrrrgg? Ya, I would ask somebody to order it for me but.. err.. I?m a bit shy and secretive when it comes to my wolfy interests. I don?t know why lol, paranoia probably. ?when someone knows your passion they know your weakness? lol

Suppose I could go try to find one of those pre-paid credit card things. How would I go about getting one anyway?

The other way sounds feasible too. I wouldn?t mind spending a little more money. I think I have a US $20 stashed away somewhere
Our Father, who art in Krebari, hallowed be thy glass.Give us this day our daily splash, and forgive us our hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil…and somebody give us all a ride home-TW

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Uzuri » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:20 pm

Mom finds hers at Krogers... which I doubt you have there, but it's just your standard, big-box grocery store.

ChewWolf
Alpha

Post by ChewWolf » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:34 pm

Huh? :huh: What the heck? I dont think I'v ever heard of anything like that. So? they are kinda like a phone card or something?

Err ya, I don?t think we do have them over here, im not sure though. But I know for a fact that we don?t have any Krugers. Do these pre-paid money cards have a specific name or anything?

Maybe you should send me one so I can try it out. :razz:

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Uzuri » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:16 am

Oh, the bank is somewhere else you can often get them. I've heard them called pre-paid credit-cards or pre-paid Visas.

We can try to work something out for you, though, if you can't find one :)

ChewWolf
Alpha

Post by ChewWolf » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:20 pm

Aww damn it, I hate banks :worry: .

I?ll try and go by Bank NZ tomorrow and see if they have any. Don?t think they will though, NZ is usually kinda behind on the ol'technological front.

ChewWolf
Alpha

Post by ChewWolf » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:54 pm

Sorry to double post.

So the teller at the bank said she has never heard of such a thing as pre-paid credit cards, but thought that they sounded like a good idea. I agreed.

Do any of you have any other ideas about how I could purchase the book?

Sorry to be so damn difficult.

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Uzuri » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:59 pm

I'd say at this point... send Audrey a donation and ask her to send you a book :)

Pawnee
Alpha

Post by Pawnee » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:07 pm

is the book on chapters.ca as well?
p.s, who did the cover art? i like the scenery :cheese:

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Uzuri » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:09 pm

That's Tarkah's work :)

I don't think Chapters is one they sell through. This is their distribution page: http://www.booksurge.com/distribution.php Maybe that will help folks.

Pawnee
Alpha

Post by Pawnee » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 am

ok, for canadians...

you can buy the book on chapters.ca but you have to go into the used books section. your not buying a used book but the distributor (Alabris) is chapters book partner. I don`t know if Wolf gets the benefits though. this is how i buy stuff online at chapters...
I buy a gift card, place it online and order my stuff from their. so i think the cash is just going to chapters..maybe uzuri or a buissness smart person can explain this.