STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal:180
November Challenge Type:frames
November Challenge Progress:180
Location:In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters
Inside Out

Post by Uzuri » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:33 am

So I haven't been so eager to see a film in... well, maybe ever. You folks read any of the reviews of this one? Pixar's latest, another case where you hear the premise and go "What...?" and then start seeing how they're making it work and get really excited about it. It's another Pete Doctor film (Monsters Inc. and Up are the other two; definitely top of my Pixar list along with Finding Nemo).

I won't go to see it until my vacation and I hope it's still in theaters TO see it (though I suppose I'll survive until it's on video if not).
Zib, go suffer for your art.

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

Lupana
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal:0
November Challenge Progress:0

Re: Inside Out

Post by Lupana » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:14 am

I am so excited for this movie. When I first heard the concept I was thinking, "Wow, Pixar's finally going back to their formula and it's going to be awesome!" I've noticed some of their better movies are based on a "What if" question. What if toys came to life? What if monsters are nice and they just scare because it's their job? What if rats cook in the kitchen? That kind of thing. Brave, Cars, and I venture to say even Bugs Life (Thou admittedly I still love it), didn't really follow that formula and weren't as successful in the box office as others. They like to take risks with new things and lately it hasn't been working out for them. But I think this one is going to be amazing.

I'm trying to drag my family along to the theaters to see it this weekend. They're usually not keen on opening night though, but I have them super excited for this too.
This is not the inker you are looking for.

"Where is he going? He's going into freezing coldness to find a dog he doesn't like to bring medicine back to a town that doesn't like him!"
http://lupana.deviantart.com/

Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Cloudwilk » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:28 pm

I am not looking forward to this movie... I always felt like the designs didn't look Pixar enough and just reminded me of watching a nicely rendered PBS movie. I mean, I think the premise is interesting but I wasn't particularly enthralled by the old time gender stereotypes in the preview.

Honestly, its not something I can judge until I see it. I thought UP was going to be boring, but... well, I love that movie. These kind of animated movies are just not very determinable from their premise or trailers.

I am looking forward to this one, at least a little bit though: http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/17/th ... -trailer-1
and this one also interests me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwQbMxDcRGE

I also was looking forward to the minions movie but.... with seeing the latest trailer, I feel like its just going to overdose on obnoxious.... Also, Zootopia.... and Moana... and The Good Dinosaur....

But Inside Out..... :worry:
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26

SilverLuna
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Progress:1

Post by SilverLuna » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:43 pm

I'm excited to see it! I've read things about it and it from what I gather it seems to capture and "start a conversation" about depression and mental health (for young children who may not understand), especially with the Joy and Sadness characters and the kid's other emotions that seem to get the best of her in certain situations. I hear it's about a girl who moves across the US, and how dealing with moving and the losses involved can affect a young child... I feel like this will be a nice, meaningful plot.
Other than that, I think the characters look fun and the premise seems original for a Pixar film. I hope I can see it soon!
I'm a colorist for "Wolf" cuz it's sooooo much FUN!!!!

Lupana
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Lupana » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:49 pm

I am definitely excited for Minions. My whole family gets a kick out of them (especially my brother, who now goes around saying "Banana!" and "Bee do bee do bee do!"), and we plan to go see it XD

I honestly hadn't heard of Secret Life of Pets yet, but omg after watching the trailer I'm definitely interested.

"Where is he going? He's going into freezing coldness to find a dog he doesn't like to bring medicine back to a town that doesn't like him!"

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Uzuri » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:30 pm

Exactly, SilverLuna, I was skeptical earlier on, but to more I hear about it being a deep depiction of growing up, loss, and a whole lot of other things (not to mention an insanely abstract rendition of the human mind) the more interested I am. And with dealing with some deep bouts of depression myself lately, I'm very interested in the role of Sadness, because she supposedly has a huge part in the resolution of the plot.

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

Lupana
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Lupana » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:31 pm

I'm actually going to see Inside Out tonight! I will definitely let you guys know how it is.

Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Cloudwilk » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:17 am

Tonight I'm seeing Jurassic World... As much as I love raptors, I'd rather see an animated movie XP

Inside Out has been getting REALLY good reviews...
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26

Lupana
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Lupana » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:58 am

Okay, Inside Out? Amazing. I expected to cry, but I didn't. And we were wrong about it being about mental illness, instead it was more of a situational depression. However it could still spark a conversation I believe with some older kids (It was definitely not a kids movie according to my parents). It was also extremely funny. Like, throughout the entire thing, aside from the climax and one other scene, I was laughing hysterically. The concept was extremely wide, and they could have done a lot with it that they didn't but you can only include so much. I doubt they'll make a sequel unless it's crazy popular but there are definitely other directions they can take it if they decide to continue.

Also, the short at the beginning was purely Pixar. I remember whispering to my parents that, "Only Pixar can write a love story about volcanoes set to a ukulele and Hawaiian sounding tune and make you sad." And also get away with using a pun like "I lava you".

SilverLuna
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Progress:1

Post by SilverLuna » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:54 pm

Totally am going to see it now :cheese:
I'm a colorist for "Wolf" cuz it's sooooo much FUN!!!!

Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Cloudwilk » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:58 pm

I thought that lava short was poorly designed story wise :P I saw it at the shorts thing last year... Didn't like it.

Since Inside Out seems to be, already, the best Pixar movie, I'd say it'd qualify XP

I'm really glad I saw Jurassic World, though. Liked it so much more than I thought I would.

White Fall
Pup

Post by White Fall » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:24 am

Cloudwilk wrote:I thought that lava short was poorly designed story wise :P I saw it at the shorts thing last year... Didn't like it.

Since Inside Out seems to be, already, the best Pixar movie, I'd say it'd qualify XP

I'm really glad I saw Jurassic World, though. Liked it so much more than I thought I would.
I saw Jurassic world the week before I saw Inside out. I was glad I saw it too!

I went on my first date to see Inside Out and that Lava short was nothing but awkward. We laughed about it though.

Inside Out is now my favorite pixar movie. It beat the Incredibles in my opinion which was mu favorite before this.

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Uzuri » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:30 pm

The timing on the first date/Lava thing is quite funny -- let's hope getting through the awkward helps build the relationship :)

Lupana
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Lupana » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:53 pm

So basicaly it was this?

"IIIIIII Laaavaaaa youuuuuu"
*glance at each other, smiling awkwardly, look away, watch screen stiffly*

That's too funny though. But hey it makes a great story!

White Fall
Pup

Post by White Fall » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:59 pm

Yeah, it was like I had my head resting on his shoulder and I ended up just awkwardly staring at the screen.

Luckily he's been my friend since I was seven so the awkwardness could of been a heck of a lot worse.