FreckledOne
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal: 0
November Challenge Type: frames
November Challenge Progress: 0

Re: Seriously Disney?

Post by FreckledOne » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:07 pm

From where? I know that sometimes Lion King fans can be . . . persnickety about any new additions to the universe, but I think this show has more good elements than bad.

This is probably the best thing Disney's put on their channel in years IMHO. It teaches about conservation, animals, and has a hyena character that is not evil! The show's not perfect of course (saw a few bloopers, Fuli doesn't look much like a cheetah, Simba sounds so different, etc.) but nothing Disney is going to make now will be perfect anyways.

Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal: 0
November Challenge Type: frames
November Challenge Progress: 0

Re: Seriously Disney?

Post by Cloudwilk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:57 am

I saw it on a TV series review channel of some sort... not from the TLK fan community. I can't help but say I probably won't like it. I mean... it seems very obvious about everything and I already know exactly who and how the characters are going to act and exactly what kind of adventures are going to come about (or at least how they're going to be written.) But, I mean, I didn't watch the movie in the end and that's a strong point against me.
I really have a hard time with animated things ID I tend to be very critical and I really wish this medium could just get out of the limitations societies across the world have put it in. I see it with every advertisement.
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26