brwainer
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal: 0
November Challenge Type: frames
November Challenge Progress: 0

The Saga of Rex Work in Progress

Post by brwainer » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:56 am

Michel Gagne just released a new WIP video for The Saga of Rex. Man, what I wouldn't give for him (I think it's a him) to help us with effects! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fahc6OaqScE

This reminds me of a story from AC 2015 that I don't think Audrey or I told anyone. We had a guy walk up and talk to us for a while about animation software. He really said that it was expensive but worth it to get the ToonBoom software, and about how different versions were for different stages of the animation process or different ways animators might like to use the software. He was an Army veteran I think, or Navy, and sometimes got commissioned to do animations, or just worked on his own projects. I can't remember his name, and I don't think we actually ever asked for it or got his card or anything. Maybe Audrey does. But it's killing me now, what if that was Michel Gagne? I'm going to be pretty mad at myself if I met him and didn't know it. I wouldn't have pitched hard to get him involved, but just to meet someone who's a professional traditional effects animator - WOW. And if it wasn't Michel Gagne, I'm curious to see his animations. Oh well, hopefully we run into him next year too.

Edit: I found a picture online, and I don't think we met Michel Gagne. Bummer.

Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF

Re: The Saga of Rex Work in Progress

Post by Cloudwilk » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:45 pm

That animation looks awesome @.@

I have ToonBoom... I really like it ^^
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26

Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF

Re: The Saga of Rex Work in Progress

Post by Cloudwilk » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:06 am

So... I wondered around and looked at more of his stuff and... wow.
I'm honestly really jealous of the quality for his student film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ShZxsylm3Y

I'm tempted to make an entirely traditional short XD
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26