Lupana
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal: 0
November Challenge Type: frames
November Challenge Progress: 0

Miraculous Ladybug

Post by Lupana » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:46 pm

My new / current obsession. This show is brand new, only been out here in America for less than a month? Plot follows the superhero Ladybug and her partner Chat Noir (or Cat Noir aka Black Cat depending on if your watching the English or French version or what the subtitles say). Marinette, her civilian self is a nice female character. Her partner is a pun-loving funny sidekick and the dynamic is very sweet.

The show is aimed at kids, so there's a lot of corny dialogue and reused animation shots for their transformations among other things but I will recommend it and think it holds great promise!
This is not the inker you are looking for.

"Where is he going? He's going into freezing coldness to find a dog he doesn't like to bring medicine back to a town that doesn't like him!"
http://lupana.deviantart.com/

Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF

Re: Miraculous Ladybug

Post by Cloudwilk » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:25 pm

I remember that from way back when it was in production! It was initially going to be a 2D movie.... then the last thing I heard was it was going to be a 3D movie. Interesting to see it move on!
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26

Lupana
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Lupana » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:03 am

XD I'm loving it so much. It's now a 3D series but I read that it's also going to be an Anime style movie. OVA I think they called it? I can never remember what that means either.

"Where is he going? He's going into freezing coldness to find a dog he doesn't like to bring medicine back to a town that doesn't like him!"

Cloudwilk
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Cloudwilk » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:51 am

OVA, from my understanding, is like a little movie or prolonged episode. I know that term from the Hamtaro days :P .... Apparently the acronym means 'Original Video Animation' and it often refers to TV animated specials.
"For what would it profit him if he gained the whole world but looses his soul?"~Matthew 16:26

brwainer
STAFF
STAFF

Post by brwainer » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:34 pm

OVAs are usually direct to tape/disc, not theater or broadcast, although sometimes they get broadcast after being released to market.

Azura
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Azura » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:25 pm

Someone I follow on Tumblr has been posting a lot about this, and I immediately fell in love with Cat Noir's design haha. I mean, you'd think it's something rather simplistic, but I'm totally digging it. And that hair animation is fab. I'm very tempted to watch it just for the sake of being able to stare at the animation.
╔════════════ Former inker, current BG artist ═══════════╗
Theatre technician by average day and night- visual artist by full moon
╚═════════════════════❖═════════════════════╝

Lupana
STAFF
STAFF

Post by Lupana » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:06 pm

Posting here again to encourage you all to watch this. Admittedly the very first episodes are corney and cheesy but it gets so much better. The origin episodes are incredible and I was squealing like the fangirl I am. Go watch the English or English subbed episodes on Youtube because FEELINGS.