[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Wolfmovie.com • View topic - Most disappointing movie, ever.

Wolf: The animated feature

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ..
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:04 am 
Emeritus Staff

I'd have to say Beowulf was probley the worst movie I've ever seen, especially if you've read the book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:18 am 
Voice Talent
Voice Talent

I'm surprised that no one mentioned Star Wars: Episode III! Or heck, any of the Star Wars prequels, for that matter. Enormous disappoints. *Shakes head*

The Lion King 1 1/2 was pretty bad too. It completely ruined the original for me.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park. The original was so great, then they decided it was a good idea to have the T-Rex rampaging through San Diego for a half hour. Yeah, that was pretty dumb. Especially since nothing of the sort happened in the book.

Oh yeah, and here's one from my fiancee: Enchanted. I wasn't expecting it to be much, but apparently she was.

And I'm sure I'll think of more down the road... ;p

~Mfuwe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:47 pm 
Alpha

I actually rather liked the prequel Star Wars....

I think for me, perhaps the worst movie of all time was the new Beowulf, followed by that I Am Legend show. Both absolutely horrid.

Nice avatar Mfuwe! :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:23 pm 
Emeritus Staff

"Night Watch" disappointed me. I wanted to see it for ages after seeing it got awesome reviews. me and my boyfriend bought it about a month ago and only got through half an hour of it before we stopped watching because it was boring, made no sense and the dubbing was horrific.

and as for one that i THOUGHT would disappoint me and in the end didnt, i must say "The Golden Compass" turned out much better than i thought it would.
As movies go being made "child friendly" i was convinced they would dumb down the fight between the bears; but they actually kept in the pow-your-jaws-flying-through-the-air swipe from Iorek, albeit done subtly, it was there, and i was impressed.
Also, the gold monkey scared me in the film, not quite as much as it did in the book, but it was close enough (imagination always works better than visuals, they cant help that.)
and Pan was still adorable, which pleased me :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:38 pm 
Emeritus Staff

the actor who played Lyra was the only disappointment in that film. Hardly any facial expression-changes in the film, and though it's not the actor's fault she wasn't as boisterous as she came across in the books. She didn't fit my image of Lyra at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:48 pm 
Emeritus Staff

no, mine neither. I cant stand the poster for the film either, actually XD something about her posed on his back and her expression just annoys me (spent 5 minutes staring at a huge poster of it in the underground today actually, and realised Ian McKellens name isnt even on the poster. outrageous i say!)

Lyra was scruffier in my imagination as far as i remember. and much fiercer looking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:27 am 
Voice Talent
Voice Talent

~Mfuwe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:31 pm 
Emeritus Staff

I actually don't like any of the Star Wars films - they're all so incredibly predictable. And full of filler fluff, I find them boring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:32 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Bee season-- I was very dissapointing. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:16 pm 
Alpha

whats that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:31 pm 
Voice Talent
Voice Talent

The new version of War of the Worlds... let's just say... OW! x__X;;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:47 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:46 pm 
Omega

The Wild was pretty disappointing for me. =/

The trailers made it look really quite good but the story really was a bit boring and the bit with the carnivourous Wildebeest...*headdesk*.
It did make me laugh a bit when they were all dancing but it really wasn't so good at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:45 pm 
Voice Talent
Voice Talent

Another good one for me... Star Wars, the first movie.

My friend wanted to get me into it and started me on it... I just said 'don't show me anymore'. XD Hated that movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:45 pm 
Emeritus Staff

the first episode of star wars was the one that put me off it as a series too XD

its the first one i saw at the cinema, went with my brother and grandma... as usual when we got out she asked what i thought of it and i said something like "i forgot it all already. that was boring!"

but mind you, i've never managed to focus on any of the others either. i cant sit through them for some reason. light sabres are cool though, and i love R2D2 :razz: