[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Wolfmovie.com • View topic - Defining Movies of your Youth?

Wolf: The animated feature

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Defining Movies of your Youth?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:55 pm 
Emeritus Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:27 pm 
Emeritus Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:30 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Location: In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:09 am 
Alpha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:34 am 
Pack Member

I don't know about "defining" but certainly "memorable" movies:

The Neverending Story. There was a series of several years where TBS would show this on Thanksgiving. I remember watching it with my cousins at grandma's.

Two other old family favorites: Disney's Robin Hood and Jungle Book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:19 am 
Alpha

Watership down sticks out for me a lot! xD Would explain my love of violence and my love of drawing, i remember watching it all the time on tape wishing i could achieve the same sense of life in my drawings.
The last Unicorn was beautiful too, Fern Gully, Balto, The Lion King and Robin Hood. There's loads of them but i can't remember them all, films i used to watch non stop were Fival goes west, Pinocchio and Dumbo xD if i wasn't watching disney or any other animated film i was watching David Attenborough documentries but can't class them as films :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:01 am 
Emeritus Staff

The Land Before Time
The Flight of Dragons
The Lion King
My Neighbour Totoro

Those are the ones I remember right now. They are movies that are still dear to me, so my eyes still water when I watch them. One way or the other, they really did something to my childhood. When I watched The Lion King, for example, my dream became "working for Disney" and I started to get an interest in hyenas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:01 pm 
Emeritus Staff

ive never heard of the neverending story? what was it about?

im yet to see my neighbour totoro.. im sure i can borrow it form someone in my japanese class tho, one of htem is bound to have it on dvd haha... ;]

i remember watching fern gully in school... i think it was pretty interesting from what i remember xD

and of course, Disney classics. I was raised on those too. i thought i wouldnt reel off a whole list of them in my opening post tho haha as it would be a bit long-winded then... :razz:
i think my favourites were of course the lion king, and robin hood.

i remember i was afraid of DUmbo cos i dont like the pink elephants... and alice in wonderland scared me too, cos of that one part where shes lost in the forest and shes following the little path and then the dog with a broom for a head starts sweeping it all up :S it freaked me out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:09 pm 
Alpha

fern Gully was your basical 'SAVE THE PLANET' in animation with fairies ^^ i loved dumbo ^^ i didn't like the hunchback of Notre Dame though, that film made me cry ¬.¬

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:12 pm 
Emeritus Staff

yeah lol. some of disneys films are actually pretty dark if you really think about it.
i guess tho, that as children we're not supposed to notice? lol.. doesnt always work though :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:33 am 
Alpha

[quote="ecco"]ive never heard of the neverending story? what was it about?

the never ending story is about a child how finds a book and sort of has weird adventures.

the black couldren is really dark! with the whole army of the dead thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:05 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:43 pm 
Emeritus Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:00 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:14 am 
Alpha