[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Wolfmovie.com • View topic - Beowulf

Wolf: The animated feature

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beowulf
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:17 pm 
Emeritus Staff

So i went to watch it yesterday with my boyfriend and some friends.
Its a very strange movie, to put it in a nutshell. o_o

Will discuss the story or techniques and everything later on, but for now i must hit the hay - i just have one quick question im hoping someone may be able to help me with:

if you've seen the movie, you will know of the scene where Beowulf orders his men to sing loudly while he sleeps, and what im hoping for is that someone out there can tell me where i can find the lyrics to the song they sing? My boyfriends after them and he was hoping i could find them for him online (he doesnt have the internet at home), but so far ive had no luck.

anyone got any ideas?

thanks in advance <3

and with that, i leave you all to go sleep xD college tomorrow.. xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:57 am 
Emeritus Staff

it's a guys film, I think. xD when I saw the trailer I thought "300 rip-off" what with the whole "I - AM - BEOWULF" scene. xD But my friend (a guy) reckons it looks awesome. I don't really like the way they've done it either, with the animated-look. You might as well just have it as a normal live-action film. o.o;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:01 am 
Alpha

its animated? what like advent children type animation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:20 am 
Emeritus Staff

actually its not like 300 at all. in some aspects it is, but you couldnt call it a rip-off, purely for the fact that its based on an ancient (like super ooold) poem - the films kept pretty close to it, apparently, but seeing as ive never read the poem, i couldnt say.

the technique theyve used is a new one, actually.
theyve used motion capture mostly, all the settings are CGI i assume (well im pretty damn sure nowhere looks like that in real life anyway lol) and they've super-imposed the actors faces onto the character models.

its an interesting idea, and i kinda went to see it just to see what it looked like when they put it all together. i think it was pretty cool actually, but there was one scene where Beowulf is fighting Grendel and it went all laggy... which was pretty odd. i dont really know what made it do that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:51 am 
Alpha

So you wouldn't recommend it? Was wondering whether or not to go see it, a friend said it had a werewolf in it o.O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:23 pm 
Emeritus Staff

oh no, id definitely recommend it. purely because its going to be one of those movies that everyone should know - if not purely for the techniques theye used, then for the ancient poem its based around aswell.

its a very strange movie aswell, id suggest you watch it just to see for yourself lol. its a very good film actually, just some parts make you stop and go "wait, what?"

but i suppose that fault lies with whoever wrote the poem to begin with. :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:58 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Location: In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters
I'll second blaming the poet.

If I remember correctly from Senior English, there were several places that made me go "wait... what?"

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:19 am 
Alpha

I studied beowulf in english.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:36 pm 
Emeritus Staff

Seriously? I loved the poem. Grendel's mom is freaking sweet. You know, in an I'm-going-to-rip-your-heart-out-and-eat-it kind of a way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:48 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

And that's the strangest thing I've seen today. And I've seen plenty of strange things today; like the neighbors.

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:19 am 
Alpha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:36 am 
STAFF
STAFF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:55 am 
Alpha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:02 pm 
Emeritus Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:50 pm 
Alpha