Fight Club

The movies we like and why we like them. (non-animated)

Moderator: AWolf2B

Maria
Alpha

Fight Club

Post by Maria » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Over the past couple months, this has become my favorite movie. It's about an insomniac (Ed Norton) addicted to support groups (of all things) and a neurotic soap salesman (Brad Pitt). When they start a friendly fist fight outside a local bar, some folks watching want to fight each other too, and so Fight Club is born. But that synopsis just scratches the surface of this crazy and delicious movie. It's got more twists and turns than The Matrix.

The movie is also an incurable quote machine. I love Pitt's statement of: "With enough soap you can blow up just about anything."

And it includes one of my fav songs, "Where Is My Mind?" by the Pixies.

In some parts hilarious, in some parts sad, in some parts funny, but all around a great movie. Anyone else watched it?

Stygian
Emeritus Staff
November Challenge Goal: 0
November Challenge Progress: 0

Re: Fight Club

Post by Stygian » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:10 pm

xD I think my favourite quote is the one right at the end when Tyler goes "What's that smell?"

I watched it about 3 years ago, and I really need to see it again because I can't remember a lot of it. I absolutely love the ending though, and The Pixies song works so well with it. Very good film!

warpthrone
Alpha
November Challenge Type: frames

Post by warpthrone » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:30 pm

I own a T-shit thats reads, the first rule of tea club is no one talks abut tea club.
And I have tea at midday and DINNER at 4pm. But some people say its the other way round. Those people are wrong. Grrr.
http://warpthrone.deviantart.com/ <-- I'm still alive!

ecco
Emeritus Staff

Post by ecco » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:30 pm

i actually ADORE this film. its the film that made me realise that Brad Pitt is not just a looker, he can actually act too. its also the film that made me fall in love with Ed Norton <3 he is just so cool!

Also love Helena Bonham Carter in this XD "Have you ever heard a death rattle?" she's so ace at playing nutters! haha.

Fight Club actually includes a fair few philosophical quotes, i forget who from. its either Albert Camus or Nietzsche, if i remember correctly?

Existentialism!

ANYWAY. i love the twists in this film. I love the script. I got do distracted by it while i was supposed to be doing a non-related Film Studies coursework i wasted about a half hour just reading it online before i realised how much time had passed xD

Stygian
Emeritus Staff

Post by Stygian » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:41 pm

its the film that made me realise that Brad Pitt is not just a looker, he can actually act too.
Yeah. Twelve Monkeys was actually the film that convinced me he could act, but when I later saw Fight club it reinforced that opinion xD He's so good at the crazy characters.

ChewWolf
Alpha
November Challenge Type: frames

Post by ChewWolf » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:49 pm

Movie was pretty good.

Reckon the book was better though. Focused alot more on bringing society crashing down. Which is kinda a fantasy of mine. :wink2:
Our Father, who art in Krebari, hallowed be thy glass.Give us this day our daily splash, and forgive us our hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil…and somebody give us all a ride home-TW

ecco
Emeritus Staff

Post by ecco » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:45 am

ive been meaning to read the book.
actually, ive been meaning to read a lot of books... >.> i should get on top of that..