[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Wolfmovie.com • View topic - When I go to the theater, I ...

Wolf: The animated feature

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

When I go to the movies, I ...
Pay ridiculously high prices (like $3 for a friggin' medium Pepsi!) for the popcorn, drinks and candy at the concession stands. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Don't snack while watching the movie, but grab something afterward. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Sneak snacks in using trusty cargo pants. 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
Heck, I can't even afford a movie. I'm so broke! 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Re: When I go to the theater, I ...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:05 pm 
Emeritus Staff

Many would argue that ads in general to any age, but especially when young, are overly invasive. "The Corporation" documentary covered the topic briefly. The morality of cars being a different topic, but then again, ads and cars should go in a new thread. Sorry Maria. XD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:48 am 
Emeritus Staff

Im with you on that Blue. Our buses are so ridiculously expensive and such a poor service that there was even a protest about them in London a few months ago lol. :S

ANYWAY XD very off topic, sorry haha +prepares for beating+

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:10 pm 
Emeritus Staff

That sounds ridiculous :/ But I had to vote for "Heck, I can't even afford a movie. I'm so broke!" XD I don't know what the prices are over here... I think there may have been $5 for a large bag of popcorn, though. If I was *really* hungry I could possibly be OK with that. But that $3.00 Pepsi on top of %5.50 is too much, without a doubt! O.o

~Koey

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:18 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Location: In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters
Now that you said that, Koey, I realized that I have absolutely no idea what prices are like now. I don't think I've been to a movie in 2 years.

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:21 pm 
Emeritus Staff

The only reason I know anything about the popcorn is because we just went a few weeks ago for the first time since HP 4 came out (that was the last movie we saw in theaters). My Dad wanted to do something while my sister and mom were gone for the weekend... so went and saw one of the newer (but very dumb) movies that came out. No idea why we went XP

~Koey

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:33 pm 
Emeritus Staff

how can you guys NOT go to the cinema? its like... the only thing we have to do here of an evening besides drinking. either way it ends up costing you a small fortune! but i suppose im biast as im a film student.. its expected of me to go to the cinema regularly hahaha.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:22 am 
STAFF
STAFF

Sinbce being a student I've been to the cinema quite a few times. The new cinema that opened does 3D versions with those glasses which are all the more expensive. I'd rather just see the normal version, because frankly, I can't even tell the difference. o_0 Nothing seems to 'come out' at me, so it seems a little pointless.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:33 pm 
Emeritus Staff

really? how weird.. what films have you seen in 3d? I've only seen Bolt and Coraline, but they both seemed very effective to me. Some scenes more than others, of course.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:24 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

I've seen the same films in 3D. Maybe I'm expecting too much like suddenly everything should be in my face or something!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:27 pm 
Emeritus Staff

LOL - the last time I saw anything in 3D was when my family went to NASA, where the have their IMAX theatre play a 3D launchinng of the shuttle XD