[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Wolfmovie.com • View topic - Wolf movement

Wolf: The animated feature

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wolf movement
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:55 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

I was reading a new book I bought called In the Company of Wolves, and there was a passage about how wolves moved. I thought it was a great explaination for those who'll want to try more walk cycles. It goes as follows:

The long-legged, loose-jointed trot of a moving wolf is as much a defining quality as the creature's teeth. A wolf traveling across the landscape bounces slightly. Its big, splaying paws glance off the earth and curl as they rise, and they seem to whip the body forward. The lithe backbone coils and releases like a spring, but the bend is almost unnoticeable, so fluid is the motion. The hind feet tread in line behind the forefeet, unlike dogs, whose hind feet slap down beside the forefeet. When a wolf is walking, its hind feet step right into the impressions left by the forefeet; the movement is spare and economical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:40 am 
Emeritus Staff

:write: *gets out drawing pencil* thats great! very explanitory! Must...get...book... hehehe. o.O ;) :artsy: :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:50 pm 
Beta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:32 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:19 am 
Alpha

Yea i guess it would make sense that they walk like that cause they leave less tracks and they dont need to 'break' the ground again...

-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:44 pm 
Alpha

Theres alot of diffrences between wolves and dogs. Like if you watch a wolf trot or walk or run it looks diffrent as a dog would do it. A wolf`s eyes are very diffrent too,they have that wonderful stare,very expressive. When they run its kinda like a gallop. oh yeah,wolves have 42 teeth! :cheese:

Post subject: Wolf video
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:07 am 
Omega

I have uploaded a small video clip of a wolf walking to my photo site. http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289269445 You have to download it though. It is a relitively small file(660kb) so it shouldn't take to long even on a 56k connection. Sorry that the picture is so small but it was before I figured out how to change the settings on my camera. I will try to get some better quality videos next weekend.

Post subject: wolf clips
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:54 am 
Omega

I need some input before I go and shoot any more video clips. I was looking through all of my video clips for any high quality wolf clips. I found one of my higher quality mpegs. The problem is that it is a 42 second clip and it is a 14+meg file. I am now in a position at the center where I can get some better shots and they would make good reference material for the animators. What I want to know is, does anyone know of a site that will host streaming video for free (not likely). Unless you have have high speed internet downloading a file that large from imagespace will take forever. My best friend has cable internet so uploading them is no problem, I just want to try to make things as easy for you guys as possible. :cheese:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:29 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

I haven't actually used any of thses...but I did a quick search and found this list...maybe one of them will work out okay for you-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:53 pm 
Must get that book! -wishes I'd known about it before 3 days before Xmas-

Post subject: Re: Wolf movement
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:54 pm 
Pup

Do you have a link of one site with movies of moving wolves? I`d like to learn to animate them reallistic, not just like dogs :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:08 am 
Pack Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:29 am 
Pup

yes, you can actually have some fun with how the wolves move. Since this production wants to bring back the tradition of some older animated films, I would recommend maybe like; proud alpha wolves walk very aloof with their feet lifting high in the air. etc.

In animation,(which I'm sure you all know) the way the character moves gives it's mood or even personality.

It is good to research realistic wolf gaits, trots, and runs, but with the animator's talent turn it into something colorful in it's cartoony world.

If you want a realistic reel of a wolf running, watch an episode of Wolf's Rain and watch the end credits. Thats pretty close to the actual thing.

just....what I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:45 pm 
Alpha

I`ve never seen seen wolf`s rain.... :sad: but I have a clip from the zo of a wolf walking, but I don`t know how to put it on the net :grrr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:47 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Location: In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters
Pawnee, is it in a computer format? AVI or MOv, maybe?

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.