Notes on Composition

Production topics: How to make an animated movie

Moderator: AWolf2B

SlapHappy Bunny
Pup

Notes on Composition

Post by SlapHappy Bunny » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:48 pm

I kind of want to know this for future work on a project I'm doing. I've read that Adobe After Affects is used for the composition of images and whatnot (there was a great example in an animation book I read). So, what program will the Wolf staff be using?

I really just want as much info on film composition that I can possibly get. Thanks in advance.
Bunny, bunny. I'm SlapHappy! Bunny, bunny. Yeah, that's me! Bunny, bunny. I'm so funny! Bunny, bunny. Wolves run free! Yay!

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal: 180
November Challenge Type: frames
November Challenge Progress: 180
Location: In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters

Post by Uzuri » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:59 pm

I'm pretty sure it's After Effects that the compositors are using, though I'm not 100% positive... 90% positive, I think I can claim.
Zib, go suffer for your art.

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

SilverGriffin
Emeritus Staff
November Challenge Goal: 0
November Challenge Type: frames
November Challenge Progress: 0

Post by SilverGriffin » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:27 pm

Using Adobe After Effects 7.0 to be precise. Yet, I also use Adobe PhotoShop Elements for cleaning up animation and making layers of backgrounds and such (Yes, I am working. >>;; ). If you would really like more specific information, I'm always here.

Adobe makes some of the best consumer quality software and has a good interface (some people dislike it, but they're being bums). So, if you want to get into compositing, I actually suggest poking with Premiere Pro first because most compositions end up in Premiere Pro after they are complete. Yes, I know it's called 'After Effects', but I'm working backwards for obvious reasons.