Wolf: The animated feature

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Wolf Staff Blog
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:07 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Hello, loyal followers! This is my first blog post here on the staff section so let me introduce myself. I'm Lupana and I am an inker on the project. My job is taking the rough animation and redrawing the frames in GIMP/Photoshop so that it can be colored. Kind of time consuming but a very important part of the process!

I'm writing to you all to discuss our new Tumblr blog! Silverskystudio.tumblr.com. In case you don't know, Tumblr is a bit like Facebook for sharing text posts, videos, and pictures. Mostly we will be using this to share any exciting announcements and communicating with fans. Much in the same way our Facebook page does. Since many artists also use Tumblr to share their original art, we hope to maybe reach new support from those who have not yet heard about us! We already have 12 followers, which isn't a lot mind you, but every little bit helps.

So if you have a tumblr, go ahead and follow us! And do us a favor and spread the word so that we can continue to make this movie to the best of our ability. Lupana out!

"Where is he going? He's going into freezing coldness to find a dog he doesn't like to bring medicine back to a town that doesn't like him!"
http://lupana.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:27 am 
STAFF
STAFF

Technology is making animation awesome!

There is still no beating that good old-fashioned hand drawn feel on paper and pencil but I enjoy the ways the newer technologies take some of the busy work out. I recently downloaded an iPhone app that allows me to capture my pencil tests quite easily. I love how many different ways there are to animate now. It used to be something you needed a lot of heavy equipment to succeed at, but now anyone with a webcam or a smart phone can make movies.

It's especially heartening for a project such as ours, which is reliant on the efforts of people from all over. With the right tools we can come together to work on a fun project and learn more about animation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:38 am 
STAFF
STAFF

Really inspiring animation keeps me going when the going is tough!

I recently found this really great sample of animation from Spirit: https://vimeo.com/34882509 I am actually working on a shot for Wolf now with a guy on a horse and I was really struggling with working around both "animals" in this shot. This ref I found has me inspired to take another shot at it though! I have to remember to keep things rough at first. Hope this inspires you other animators out there, too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6