Bernard Pic.

For pretty "Wolfy" pictures

Moderator: Nouska

Weesie
Pup
November Challenge Goal: 0
November Challenge Type: frames
November Challenge Progress: 0
Location: The Magical Land of Corn...Indy 500...and Hoosiers...and IU!!!

Bernard Pic.

Post by Weesie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:30 pm

I sketched in this graphite and sort of shaded it in then covered it up in charcoal. I was a little disappointed in this because it didn't look "blended" enough, if you know what I mean. I either need to make a new blending tool, or find my old one, that'll really help. For now though, I"ll stick to my finger. :cheese:

Oh well. :wink2:
"You ate it....YOU ATE MY BUTTERFLY!!" Pakak shouted in shock overcoming the fact the Siku had just eaten his butterfly. Siku shuddered and got up, walking away a safe distance away before replying, "Oh yeah? Well you killed it!"

SilverLuna
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal: 180
November Challenge Progress: 1

Re: Bernard Pic.

Post by SilverLuna » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Adorable! Love the face! :angel:
I'm a colorist for "Wolf" cuz it's sooooo much FUN!!!!

Weesie
Pup

Post by Weesie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Thanks!! I've only used charcoal once before so I was a bit skeptical with this. At least I didn't draw a tree, my tree anatomy stinks.
"You ate it....YOU ATE MY BUTTERFLY!!" Pakak shouted in shock overcoming the fact the Siku had just eaten his butterfly. Siku shuddered and got up, walking away a safe distance away before replying, "Oh yeah? Well you killed it!"

Koeyohte
Emeritus Staff
November Challenge Goal: 100
November Challenge Type: Character model - Luna

Post by Koeyohte » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Awwww!!!!! He looks fantastic!! I love his proud expression :) I know what you mean about charcoal blending. I don't have a blender and have always just used my hands. It's hard because the initial line of charcoal you lay down will always be darker than anything else you do to blend it in.

Something I have tried is using the side of the charcoal... getting as much of it to fit into the lines where it needs to be, and then very lightly laying down layers. It's a little bit tedious and takes a bit more times, but you get less of the dark lines inside the blended areas.

Hope to see more from you!!! I need to go add your DA account to my watchers list :D

~Koey
Tumblr - http://koeyohte.tumblr.com/
Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/DreamWolfCraf ... _shop_menu
DeviantART - koeyohte.deviantart.com

Uzuri
STAFF
STAFF
November Challenge Goal: 180
November Challenge Progress: 180
Location: In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters

Post by Uzuri » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:30 pm

You don't necessarily need a commercially-made blender. Just roll up some paper tightly, or use a folded tissue. And always, always treat charcoal gently to avoid dark lines where you don't want them.

Fuzzy, bad photo, but this is charcoal (from years ago): http://uzuri.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=144#/dagquv
Zib, go suffer for your art.

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

Weesie
Pup

Post by Weesie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Cool, thanks!! I've had a bunch of charcoal stuff for awhile and decided to use it. I know how to make a blender tortellini thing, it's just that I get really frustrated when it won't roll correctly in a way that I can use it and then I throw it across the room. :D