Wolf: The animated feature

It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Well, you may remember me and you may not...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:04 pm 
Alpha

...And I suck because I keep disappearing. But I thought I'd let you know that my mind wondered back onto this site and thought I'd say hi. Because hey, I'm still a Moderator on this I might as well actually pop on and off a bit more often. I'll try!

I can't even remember the last time I was on here. And it looks like the films progressed a hell of a lot more which is good. It's really nice to see you're still keeping at it :)

But yeah Hi. I'm still alive.

Post subject: Re: Well, you may remember me and you may not...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:04 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Location: In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters
Eeeeee! Nouska!

I'd love to see you around more :) We're definitely chugging along. I miss the old gang, though.

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:42 am 
Alpha

I'm just glad I can remember my password :cheese:

I knew you'd recognise me Zuri! I think I just got a bit busy through going back to education. I'm in my last year of university now. Aaaaaaagh! But I'm really glad I went as I have finally found my shtick in life.

I am.....

training myself....

to be.....

a.......

puppeteer

Yeah that's right. Seeing as I can't animate drawings like a few of you guys I've discovered I can really animate inanimate objects. So yeah it's sort of related to the movie. And I'm not talking about glove puppets and children puppets. I'm talking puppetry that appeals and challenges adult audience. Have you guys heard of War Horse yet? I think it's been transfered to Broadway recently. Trust me, if you can, go see that show. It is [*][*][*][*]ing amazing and one of the most inspirational and emotional show I've ever seen. And it's exactly the sort of puppetry I want to do. Hell, it's the sort of puppetry I'm GOING to do. That';s how determined I am. It's probably the most fun I've had and in little less then a year I've performed at puppetry festivals and got myself an internship with a very tiny puppet company. But I'm learning a lot and it's what I want to pursue once I leave uni.

Although I sort of suck at making them. I can sort of do it but they fall apart far too easiy. But I made a monkey called Jeffrey who is one of my favourite thing to play with at the moment (especially with other people)

So yeah. That's been my life and probably the rest of my life.

Will try to catch up.
Shame the old gang have drifted off a bit but I'm going to really try and visit a lot more.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:39 am 
STAFF
STAFF

I would *kill* to see war horse. *is jealous* What a very usual, fun this to pursue :)

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:42 am 
Emeritus Staff

Nouska! Welcome back! Puppetry is freaking amazing... I haven't been to see WarHorse yet but damn I really want to! I saw the making of documentary years ago on TV and was blown away by the artistry and creativity behind it all. Absolutely mindblowing. How they manage to get the horse to move so realistically is beyond me. I guess it takes real dedication, and man does it pay off.

Anyway, yeah welcome back :D It's great to see people reappearing, I miss the funtimes!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:54 pm 
Emeritus Staff

He Nouska!!! I am not that familiar with puppetry, though it sounds fascinating. I'm glad you have found something you want to do! It's such a great feeling when you find that happy place ^^

~Koey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:29 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Nouska! I remember you - hi. :cheese:

Puppetry is awesome - great choice there!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:10 pm 
Alpha

Oh look how popular I am :razz:

I remember you all as well!

And yes you do want to kill to see War Horse. It is the best thing in the world. No seriously it is. It's better then The Lion King. It's a seminal piece of contemporary theatre. I'm allowed to say that as I am doing a drama degree :) And I'm constatnly talking about it because I seem to be able to apply it to a lot of performance practises. And it helps when you say you want to be a puppeteer and people look at you as if you mean glove puppets and Punch and Judy. You just say 'a bit like War Horse' and people start to get what you want to do. The soundtrack alone makes me cry because I can remember what happens. I cried almost 6 times but held back because I didn't want to miss anything then lost it at the end because I was sad it was over.

I also managed to do a workshop with the original team of puppeteers. Great guys. Spent two days looking at horse movement and we made a horse out of four poles and a balloon :D
And I've been hugged by the two guys from Handspring because I told him another work of his had inspired me to really go for puppeteering. They're so nice. So I'm so glad their work is so powerful because they seem genuinely generous.

Anyway I should shut up. But you may have to get used to it because it's my shtick now.

Still happy to see me? :razz:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:59 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Heck yeah I'm still happy to see you XD I've loved the puppetry stuff since The Lion King introduced me to the works of Julie Taymor so you're not going to bore me with that!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:32 pm 
Alpha

Long time, no see. Howzit, friend?