Wolf: The animated feature

It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Please, please, please ...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:13 am 
Pack Member

:sad:

On December 26th, four dear friends of mine were killed in a car wreck. They were heading up here to a mutual friend's where we do bi-annual private gatherings to celebrate New Year's and the 4th of July. While we were not close friends, these were nonetheless dear friends to me and I did not have the heart to celebrate anything on New Year's to say the least.

I am sorry for the drama and the joykill of this terrible news, but ... I felt compelled to write a letter to my departed friends to say the things I wish I had said to them when they were alive, to tell them how much they meant to me. I ask everyone to consider doing the same ... you never know what's going to happen. I am a bit of an introvert, so I tend to hold things in; at the gatherings of friends, I tend to be quiet and shy and say little beyond silly jokes or commenting about t.v. shows and movies we watch together.

Please make some time at least once per year to let your friends know how much they mean to you. Trust me, where I am now, you don't want to be in a position of saying "I wish I had told them this when they were around ..." :/

And also ... please, please please take it easy behind the wheel. Your chances of "getting there" actually decrease with every nanometer you depress the accelerator further, even more so on snow and ice. :(

Post subject: Re: Please, please, please ...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:22 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Location: In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters
Aw, this is awful :(

I've been spending a lot of time making sure I spend time (does that make sense?) with my friends when I can. Moving half way across the country does that to you.

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.