Wolf: The animated feature

It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So how is everyone?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:55 am 
Alpha

Haven't been on the forum since October?! Jeez ... Used to visit here at least twice daily. Also, no posts here since February, so you guys have been pretty busy too, I take it?

How is everyone?

I'm pretty good. Working, loving and drawing more than ever now. :) Spend most of my time online over at http://dead-raccoons.deviantart.com/ and http://dead-raccoons.tumblr.com/ nowadays. But I do miss this place and all the friends I made here. In fact, my first friends on DA were the ones I met here - Snowmuzzle, Koey and Zuri. But I especially miss the ones who don't come around anymore - the ones I haven't heard from in ages: Nouska, Queenie, etc. Good times. *sniff* Anybody here from them anymore?

And how is the Wolf project coming along? The last clip I saw on YouTube was posted about two months ago, I'm guessing. Looks great, by the way.

Post subject: Re: So how is everyone?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:24 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Hey Maria! :D I guess everyone's busy with spring things... lol for me it's been applying to summer camps and practicing my cello a lot, and other things like coloring for Wolf and studying schoolwork :P I'm on spring break right now! But right now I'm in a huuuge dilemma... I applied to a few different summer music camps like Brevard, Interlochen, Rocky Ridge, and the National Symphony Orchestra Summer Music Institute... and I got accepted into alllll of them D:: I still don't know if Interlochen is going to give me a full-ride scholarship to attend the camp, but the National Symphony one is ALL free (and it's in Washington DC... I've never been there and I want to go sooo bad)... so I'm really leaning more towards that one. But this is my first time applying to summer camps, so I'm overwhelmed that everyone wants to take me! (Brevard is offering me $3000 in scholarship, and their regular tuition is like $5400 I think) They are all really selective and prestigious, so I'm still in shock that I happened to get into all of them XD But it's so hard to decide... I want to do all of them... lol if only I could clone myself four times XD But I think I'm going to the Washington one. Just the fact that it's all completely free (they'll even pay for a round-trip plane ticket from Phoenix to DC) and I don't have to pay ANYTHING towards it (except a deposit, which I get back when I attend the institute), and I'll be in DC... so I'm just sooo excited :D I'm also going to All-State next month. Yay for orchestral fun!

Then next year it'll all be for college applications and outcomes for those (I'm a junior in high school now), but I probably won't apply to too many (which I learned this year with summer camps lol)

But anyways... that's been me lately :P Coloring like crazy too for Wolf, and animation and special effects are going good too. Just inking in a little behind... but I think I'm going to start inking once I finish my current coloring assignments :D Should be fun, something new :silversmile:

How are you doing?

It has been really quiet here lately 0.o

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:03 pm 
Alpha

Sup, Silv! Long time, no speak. Are you still on DA? Haha, sounds like you could use a cloning :D with all those summer camps to attend. I regard you and Koey as my too "cello pals." The cello is a pretty cool instrument, eh?

I'm pretty good. My husband and I have begun raising rabbits and chickens and seriously raising our own food. That takes up a lot of my time. I'm also drawing now more than ever - trying and experimenting with new media, new subjects (other species of animals and humans too!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:00 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Location: In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters
I miss everyone too :(

It's been the same old same old for me -- work, travel, school, and just trying to survive. I've been turning out tons of animation again though, including Merrick and Kay, who we hadn't touched yet. Trying to come up with some creative ideas to possibly boost inking (on that note, if you see any old timers -- staff -- send them my way; I'm trying to update contact info).

According to my calendar (I'm getting old, I need a calendar), next YouTube clip is due April 6. Not sure what it'll be yet, though.

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:38 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Maria wrote:
Sup, Silv! Long time, no speak. Are you still on DA? Haha, sounds like you could use a cloning :D with all those summer camps to attend. I regard you and Koey as my too "cello pals." The cello is a pretty cool instrument, eh?

I'm pretty good. My husband and I have begun raising rabbits and chickens and seriously raising our own food. That takes up a lot of my time. I'm also drawing now more than ever - trying and experimenting with new media, new subjects (other species of animals and humans too!)

No, I deactivated my DA :(

The cello is really cool ^^ It's so much fun (for me at least), and I've decided on the National Symphony one in DC :D It's probably the most prestigious too (they take about 70 kids ages 15-20 from around the nation and some from other countries), and it's free XD So I'm happy with my decision :) I can't wait!! :D

I haven't done any drawing lately... mostly coloring for Wolf, but I need to sit down and start doodling again :L If you don't use it you lose it! lol Still want to get my animation skills really good to maybe animate a few shots for Wolf, but I just love coloring :P Very relaxing and relieves stress

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:22 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Hiya Maria! Yep, it really has been quiet here; I guess if there's nothing pressing to discuss film-wise people aren't feeling the need to post here right now.

I'm back into colouring, but otherwise trying to sort out myself out in terms of jobs and career. So confusing the whole thing. @_@

SilverLuna - Nice one on getting all those place options! I'm sure DC will be a fab experience. :cheese:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:36 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Well... I was good. Now I'm depressed.

Yesterday we put my dog down. I had her since I was 3 for all 13 years of her life.

I'm still really upset, we didn't expect to euthanize her yesterday but we decided it was best because she was suffering. It was all so sudden to have to go from "we're taking her to the vet, then taking her home and cuddling" to "it's time to say goodbye and I'm never going to see her again" within 5 minutes. And that's really freaking hard. I miss her so much. I'm not used to functioning without her by my side in my whole life and now I have to go on without her. I imagine I'll never be rid of this empty feeling and it'll take a long time of grieving.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:21 pm 
Omega

I haven't been on here for a while as well. Soo... I guess I'm good. I think i've improved my style of drawing so I'm happy about that. :cheese:

"The only thing better than a cow is a human!" - Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:36 am 
Emeritus Staff

I'm still around. :) Nothing to exciting- Just surviving and such.
Sorry to hear about your dog, Azura. http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

"You judge a prostitute and a cook by the price you must pay to have them. The most expensive they are, the better they perform their Art"
- Athenaeus

Illigitimi non carbarundum!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:05 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

AWolf2B wrote:
I'm still around. :) Nothing to exciting- Just surviving and such.
Sorry to hear about your dog, Azura. http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Aww, that video just about made me cry. ;-; That was beautiful. Thank you for posting that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:56 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

I'm still around! I am....busy busy busy with life, working at job and personal projects....and needing to do more stuff for Wolf!

I am into making bento lunches too! As if I already didn't have enough projects in my life :P