Wolf: The animated feature

It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:14 am 
Alpha

I swear people in the US have a greater speactrum of stupid then here in Europe. I'm not sure though

But this has given me a new thread idea. :jacksmile:

"If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, he will die unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy."-Fabius Bile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:52 am 
Emeritus Staff

Er, Blue, not that i agree or disagree with that.. but pawnee lives in Canada. I'm going to assume that lady without any common sense whatsoever was also in Canada?

"You judge a prostitute and a cook by the price you must pay to have them. The most expensive they are, the better they perform their Art"
- Athenaeus

Illigitimi non carbarundum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:45 am 
Alpha

Sorry. Her location is not a real one and did not look at the about you thread.

Sorry Panwee. :sad:

"If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, he will die unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy."-Fabius Bile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:46 pm 
Alpha

I didn't know about that Ted Roosevelt thing (probably because I don't live in the U.S.) I guess if animals look more human they would be more excepted, but what about animals like apes? For the longest time they were shown as ferocious monsters that eat meat. Entirely untrue. I just don't understand my own species sometimes, I swear. Even if bears are so called 'better than wolves' or whatever, I'll still never think they're that great. But I suppose in the old days they didn't really have access to wolves, so back then they couldn't really tell that wolves are a lot more like us than bears are. People then just saw them then shot... it's just sad. Of course, they did exterminate bears and cougars from the prairie too, not just wolves.

And why does Canada have such a bad rep when it comes to wolves? I've never heard of people being allowed to hunt them inside a National Park and I live here! Sure, they're hunted outside parks (dirty stupid hunting jerks) but I doubt they are hunted within. I'm confused here.