[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Wolfmovie.com • View topic - Slaughtering of wolves may continue... Major rant

Wolf: The animated feature

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Slaughtering of wolves may continue... Major rant
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:48 am 
Wolf Animation Challenge Participant

I know this should be in the "Wild Wolves" section, but I felt everyone needed to know about this.

Basically I got wind that Bush and his administration are now supporting licensing to massacre roughly 500+ wolves throughout various states. I can't believe that (censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored) is trying to do this! :grrr :grrr :grrr And wolves are still endangered! He wants to give licenses even though they are endangered and still protected by the endangered species law?!?! WHAT... THE... (censored)... I thought we were through all of that horse (censored). This is the kind of things that make me sick. Why oh why do we protect wolves if they are gonna be massacred in the mangroves the instant their numbers get high enough?... Is this a joke? This is an atrocity! I am sure God does NOT approve of this. I sure don't. This "playing" with our wildlife is gonna come back to haunt us somewhere down the road. I thought people have already learned that controlling nature in this fashion is a bad thing. I went to this site and made a donation to lobby against this kind or moronic behavior. Some people just have no heart.
:sad:
Here is the site I went to donate.

http://www.nrdcactionfund.org/campaigns ... olves.html

~Kay Fedewa

"Man I want some Shoes of Peace. Then I could really kick some arse."

~Uzuri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:36 am 
Emeritus Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:52 am 
Alpha

The real question i'm asking to myself now is how much damage Bush can do before his term his out. He's already wrecked alot of things with Tin man Cheny. Ugh! This is horrible. He's a Republitard monster who is is giving a thumps up to corpartion and Christian fundies. He has ****** the middle east, the US and destroying the enviroment.

Oh and i wonder how this would be with any other animal. Imagine the public outcry here if this happned with Panda's or any animal that the pubilc view as "cute" or "innocent". But of course wolves are monsters. They would kill people and are a pest to livestock. I mean we all know the ****** fairytale bs don't we? A good deal of the US public are like blind retarted sheep in this. I still remember this:

The biggest kick in the balls in all this is to me is very limited can be done against the govement. On top of that anti wolf surrporters will rally like wasps.

Bush really is a ****** retard.

:grrr

"If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, he will die unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy."-Fabius Bile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:44 am 
Emeritus Staff

I actually think this would get a whole lot less attention if it wasn't wolves. Wolves have become poster children of conservation, rather like pandas. No one much cares when other critters get the chop, especially when it is due to things like land development (which really is a huge environmental wrecker, but people seem content to turn a blind eye to that and live in highly developed areas). I never see rally cries for the Mountain yellow-legged frog. Even bats, which have gotten a much better reputation over the years, don't get the press coverage that wolves do. They have a lot of people fighting for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:46 am 
Emeritus Staff

I watched a documentary called Wolf: A Wildlife Special by David Attenborough last night - it was pretty average but he raised a point I found interesting. He said that other than man, wolf were the most successful predators. He sort of claimed that the reason man were so adamant in their hatred for the wolf was that they felt threatened by them. When man hunted just like the wolf did, they used to follow wolf packs and scavenge off of the leftovers of the packs meal - they even imitated the wolf to get close to bison herds. Wolves were respected then, but obviously as spears and guns came around humans became much better at hunting than the wolves. It became a constant struggle for food for the wolves, and they simply got in the way of man and so were shot and their skins used. Then the evil stories came about, and man never saw the wolf in the same way again - yet to this day they are the second most successful predator, and man still feels slightly threatened by their existence as now they've been forced to scavenge, and take livestock.

It sickens me that image Blue. Why would anybody feel such hatred for wolves? What have wolves ever actually done to them? I sometimes look at the world and what it's become, and feel like crying. Humans have made it a horrible place - we were Gods biggest mistake. Why do Buddhists think that being a human is what you become for doing good, and that if you do bad you will become just an animal? I would have said it was the other way round - being a human is a punishment as we have to watch with our intelligent minds while some of our kind destroy what we once loved. We have taken what is natural, and completely deformed it to fit our own selfish needs in. It's just bad luck for the wolf that humans wanted to settle where they were already settled - if humans settled in great populations in Africa, then surely the big cats over there would become the victim of our destruction? We would take their land, their prey, and they would be forced to scavenge on our livestock, therefore making us think they were evil, and we would want to kill them. That's how I see it anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:08 am 
Alpha

Ok. No no no. I’m not letting this slip into another human bashing session. If there is one thing that really makes me boil it’s a load of people ripping into humankinds every mistake, evil and fault. It’s stereotyping and offensive. Yes, we are capable of great evils to ourselves and nature. Rather fitting this example would be President Bush. He, Cheney, and many others are driving the US and partly the world into a sodden mess in terms of both humans and natu- wait no, humans are part of nature. No more mucking around. We are despite the damage we do. We are still animals thus part of nature. It’s a bitter pill to swallow but it’s one we must. Anyway Bush and others are driving the world into the ground. He is playing world police very badly, ignoring worthy plights (New Olean’s, Africa, etc) and feeding the rich while in turn screwing over the common person. G.W.Bush clearly must know of all this but either does not care or is being used a puppet. This is a disgusting and evil thing. This man is vile and evil; fitting your description Stygian. Then look to one of us. We are frankly horrified on what is, from a certain point of view, not our problem. It’s the wolves’ problem really but our love for them and animals and other parts of nature in our morals drives us to protect them and anger at the damage done to them. Though we all have our flaws we do care and are good. We all want a nice green planet where animals can do what they’ve been doing before our rise through the food chain. If we were in Bush’s position we’d all try and help the world and nature. Should we still say we are a total mistake?

When you think about it, it’s our instincts from nature that has given us some of our vile aspects. Why does a guy beat up another guy for sleeping with a girl? The girl is his mate. Some still feel under the non existent threat of wolves as Stygian raised. It’s our nature that is chaining us back. We need to grow out of them like a bad habit. We are already down that road but need to keep going, Animals don’t have to be viewed as a pest. Education can be the golden key in doing this. Religious fundamentalists were brainwashed to a faith so easily by preaching to them at a young age as a child. A child is like a computer. You can program virtually anything into them with only the worry of outside viruses putting their program in. Those anti wolf demonstrators we probably taught to hate the wolf at a young age (The false stories about wolves aiding in this process). It is now hardwired into them and difficult to change as it has also narrowed their mind. Notice the age too; many over 20. If we teach children at a young age to value the environment, to value animals like wolves and respect them then we will keep going down the positive road where a green earth is a great accomplishment. This can be done ate any age though if the person is willing to listen. This is why I hope Wolf Movie will succeed so greatly. Sure, making a fortune on it will be good for the makers that we are close friends with but if it gets its message out, if it shows the world or even just state or a country the wolves side of the story then it will have truly succeeded! Other things like trips to wolf centers and educational video games like Wolf Quest will aid in this. We can save the environment and rebuild it from those bad people and our past selfishness that we are starting realize

Don’t be ashamed to be human. We have come a long way. Be ashamed that THEY are human.

"If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, he will die unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy."-Fabius Bile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:46 am 
STAFF
STAFF

Location: In my lair, where I gnaw the souls of disobedient posters
I may have to go hurt myself now but... I agree with Blue.

I'd also like to add that if you're worried about wolves go out and do something about it.

Don't preach to the choir. Don't sign worthless web "petitions".

Leave your house. Write your congressman (Politely. Ranting at them will only get you thrown on the Crackpot Pile if your lucky, or on the Bio-terrorist pile if you're unlucky). Start real, physical petitions and learn to understand and follow the rules and regulations that go with getting names. Boycott companies that support the people who are doing the things you dislike -- and don't just boycott them, but write them (politely) and tell them why you're boycotting them.

Honestly. You can rant all you want here, but things will never change if all people do is cluster with like-minded individuals and pat each other's backs.

*deep breath* Wow, I'm a grouch today.

Wait. 20 and 20 and 20 is not 50!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

There's a difference between the Electric Slide and a ballet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:01 am 
Emeritus Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:33 am 
Alpha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:07 pm 
Wolf Animation Challenge Participant

:grrr I have taken action. Donating is not a waste unless the place you send it to doesn't really use it correctly (or at all). I have plans to write to congress and gather signatures and I plan on protesting if I see this is getting even more dire. So no. It is not a waste of my time to do the things I did. Accumulating over a million+ signatures and having all that go public is one way of thwarting this kind of behavior. Don't think for a second that this is just for us to simply talk about it. This is to take action against this kind of trash. That is the real reason of this post. To get the word out so we can actually DO something useful. I am not happy about this. So please don't tell me I am signing worthless petitions or my donations are useless. Otherwise I may decide my donations to wolfmovie are worthless as well... The last thing I am gonna do is take no action why I watch innocent and mostly harmless animals get murdered like that.

~Kay Fedewa

"Man I want some Shoes of Peace. Then I could really kick some arse."

~Uzuri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:17 pm 
Alpha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:29 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

Actually web petitions are 100% ignored because they don't follow the legal protocol for petitions, period. Do you have a way to check that those names are real people, and that no one signed up twice? Didn't think so. And the government will blow you off because of it. They're interested in maintaining the status quo for the most part; if they can find one flaw in your methods you WILL be ignored.

I'm laying it out how it is; I wish I wasn't. The government only gives a flying rat's arse for your opinion if you play by their rules.

And I don't recall saying anything about donations. Donating is a good thing, but Bluewolf's point stands, even if it may need some clarification -- keep an eye on what the groups you donate to are doing, make sure you're getting your bang for your buck. If the group you donate is wasting your money, or if they are actually turning people against your cause, drop 'em!

Most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of being rich than face the reality of being poor. --from "1776"

Last edited by Uzuri on Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:32 pm 
Alpha

The reason i did not go a full 100% was that a pertition against the idea of road tax here in the UK. It exploded and was moved to the govements website. It got over a million hits and was noticed by MP's here. I think because the govement had it on their site they were ok with it though so you may be right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:34 pm 
STAFF
STAFF

That sounds like a special case; I'm guessing that there was more going on than just the web petition there. Probably some protesting and other "physical" things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:36 pm 
Alpha

There might of been. I can't remember.